Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer, it is a beautiful time.  I have spent my summer so far, recovering from wisdom teeth extraction which took about two weeks to fully feel better.  I then did some out of comfort zone adventures in the form of rappelling.  It was great but I didn't do the harder cliff.  I wasn't feeling that great and when I got home I was running a fever (diverticulitis flare up).  Still, I enjoyed watching and camping with my friends.

I have another adventure planned, my first cruise ever!  I am going to the Eastern Caribbean!  My step-mother is very graciously taking me and my sister! My sister so deserves this break and special treat.  I think I am almost more excited for her than I am for me.  I can't wait to see Kathy and family.  I haven't seen them since Ric's death in 2002 (though Mike and I made our last trip out there in 2004). 

Now that I have (or will have) some experience with planning trips, I am going to do it more.  So, yeah, it's been a productive and good summer so far, with more to come.

Learning to trust my equipment on a slight slope.



Over the hump and able to smile.

        




No comments: