Monday, January 13, 2014

2013...what did I accomplish? 2014 What will I accomplish?

First, I did not make any resolutions for 2013 other than the same lose weight and save money blah blah blah.  I lost some weight, held steady and then gained it at the end of 2013.  I did not save money because I had stove and fridge issues, then a few major vet bills and my own health bills including renants of an emergency room bill, glasses and wisdom teeth pulled.  I also had the expense of the vacation which lead to about 5,000 dollars being spent

So, let's put all that behind.  What did I do? Not really that they were goals, but they were challenges of new experiences.
Went rappelling for the first time
Went out of the country, on a big boat, to the Carribbean on a trip that I planned on my  own (except for the boat part) and got to see and spend time with family that I haven't seen since 2004.  So it was good.  Very good.

No home improvement things were done, really.  I did plant tomatoes from seeds, a big deal for a girl with a thumb of death.  So, that leads to this year.   My goals for 2014.

1.  Work on sprucing up the front yard and cleaning up the back hill. (will become more specific later)

2.  Save money.

  • reduced cable bill: done
  • set an auto payment to savings: done
  • reduce spending...working on.

3.  Basement:

  • clean
  • paint and polyurethane floor
  • Paint walls
  • Long term (not this year) buy furniture, cabinets, new sink, bar area, rugs, lighting.
4. paint bedroom  and closets (master and small guest room...maybe repaint the bigger guestroom and closets).




No comments: