Monday, June 18, 2007

June...

Yesterday 16th was my birthday. Since I didn't throw myself a party, the only people who remembered it was my birthday were my sister, niece, and my best friend.

M came over today with the divorce papers. Today he found out exactly how I feel. It was nice to get it off my heart though my eyes are sore, red and tired.

I am really tempted to get a dog. I fell in love with one and I already named him Fernando. I will call him Fred for short. We'll see. I don't think my cats will forgive me though they do well when Lucy comes to stay. I need someone to watch over me. God knows cats make lousy guard animals.

1 comment:

SoberHope said...

I'm a terrible blog reader, I'm so infrequent. Can I blame art supplies? Too bad, I am. I would love for us to visit and play with art supplies together. Truly, that would be a ton of fun.

Get the dog, the cats will get over it, trust me. Poor Spanky glared every time I brought another one home, but eventually he got over it and he's old and stubborn.

From your last entry it sounds like either M has changed his tune about kids or you just wish him the worst, either way, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, no siree bob. And you're right, it's much easier to think of it as a death, because it's not personal, holy shit do I ever understand that...