Sunday, May 04, 2008

Of men and lawn...

I had another date on Saturday. I dreaded going but it was actually a pleasant time. He is local, Italian, short with nice teeth and a warm smile. Not photogenic at all but cute in person. If I had to say his one shortfall would be that he is a bit on the racist side. Doesn't approve of interacial dating, but it is ignorance more than anything. From what he says, his daughter doesn't see his way at all.

I cut the grass today and weeded around the front where the bushes are and the great bare spot that used to house the old scraggly bushes. I cursed Mike again for deciding that lava rocks would be a good thing to put there. Yeah, because my fucking yard isn't rocky enough. How do I dispose of them? do I just put some in bags to dispose of every garbage day? Maybe. I dunno. It seems like such a waste of plastic and environmentally unsound. Do I get a big garbage can and wash them off and try to sell them for the yard sale? Ugh. They're everywhere. Not only that, but I have noticed the ones that are on the hill are contained by those "concrete" stones that Mike made and he inspector gadgeted them right to hell with Big fucking nails sticking into them. That's an accident waiting to happen and will probably happen on MY foot. It is going to be a job, but I WILL get that yard looking good. If I have to hire someone, then I will, but after that initial work is done, then I should be good to go. I know I am going to need a tree trimmer. I have a lot of trees that are probably going to need to come down. I just have no idea how much this stuff is going to all cost.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it's an Italian thing, the racism? I dated an Italiano once and he was racist too, it shocked the hell out of me because he was so liberal in other ways.

Also, I <3 You and have been thinking of you lately.