Friday, May 16, 2008

The secret...

It is a book I am reading that was recommended to me by a student. It is based on the law of attraction... positive attitude gets positive results. I feel good when I read the book. I got it from the library but I am thinking of buying a copy. It is one of those things you have to practice and I need a guide for now so that I can get into the habit. You see? I am already thinking positive. I did not complain that it was hard. I did not say that I am trying to keep from being jaded. I am going into it with an open mind.

I want to remove negative words from my vocabulary.

Instead of saying I am trying, I want to say I am practicing or I am getting better at...

Instead of saying no, I can at least start saying maybe.

When I don't want to do something that I know is good for me, I will talk myself into the results that I will see once I do the act that is beneficial. An example of that would be when I don't feel like going swimming. I ALWAYS feel better once I have done it. There is no drug that can substitute the feeling of excercise.


My basement flooded again. Tomorrow I will spend the day cleaning and disinfecting. My plan is to call a professional and have it waterproofed. It isn't a luxory, it is a necessity if I ever choose to move. In the mean time, I don't plan on moving so it would be nice to finally have that as usable space. It is a win win situation and worth the money.

No comments: