Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Venus fly trap is looking good despite not having a meal. I am sure it will be happy this summer when I put it on the patio.

Today I took some pale green paint and painted the inside of the closet in the entry way. I also painted half the hall way leading to the kitchen. It is a very pretty colour and it makes me feel happy when I open the closet door. It is almost white. I am thinking the kitchen would be pretty in a colour like that. Maybe a little darker or maybe that value of a yellow. I am tired of tan and the tan that i picked out a few years ago really has more of a pink or peach tint to it. I don't like it. I was afraid to go yellow but I think I would like either that or a green tint better than this near flesh tint. I am actually hating it. I didn't like it when it went on and I still don't like it. The colour in the kitchen wasn't too bad but now I feel the same about it. Anyway, I got to thinking about how making the inside of something look beautiful and not neglecting seeimingly insignificant things of the house is a great metaphor for my life. I want to create a beautiful inside where it is peaceful, organised, and loved. I really do believe those things will radiate outward and I need to start making those changes.

I learned how to use a flashdrive last week. Shuddup. It was exciting for me because i put all these pictures on the computer and it is running slow as hell. CDs don't seem to hold much and these little things are just amazing! Why yes, I am easily pleased and excited.

Goals this week
1. Practice patience

2. Meet challenges with enthusiasm and positive attitudes. (IOW, keep my joy and don't let anyone try steal it).

3. Don't complain about things when others have so much worse.

No comments: