Thursday, January 01, 2009

Farewell....

Goodbye to the old sectional. I got on Craig's list yesterday and advertised it for free and within minutes I had someone email me. Seriously, it was less than five minutes. She had it picked up today. As much as I hated having that sectional in my rectangular and oddly laid out living room, I was kind of sad to see it go. It belonged to mom and Nick and it's been in this house about 18 years. I kind of liked it when they got it but even then I remember thinking damn this thing is big and not really practical as you have to put it all the way to the back wall or if you move it up, it cuts the room in half with very little space to get around it. I love my mom of course, but sometimes she had the crappiest taste in furniture. Or maybe it was good taste but just outdated. I dunno. I did keep pictures of the sofa and I had taken pics of the room a few years ago too so I do have it to remember. I am excited about having my own stuff. Me, in the era of my mid life finally get to do what i want and have what I want.

No comments: