Thursday, November 08, 2007

domestic drones...

The smell of the day is oranges.

I used to like the fresh mountain breeze of Mr. Clean. It reminded me of the print room at school when we had to clean our silk screens. When I started to live on my own, that is the cleaner that I bought. Later the scent became a part of everyday life and associated with all that was...

I thought about pinesol. I think it is too harsh, too institutional. The lemon scent always reminded me of Joy dish detergent that mom bought because it was cheap and I longed for the soft pretty smell of palmolive and Madge saying "you're soaking in it"! I liked doing dishes at Lori's house because her mom bought Pinesol and Palmolive. I buy AJax lavendar dish soap now. It is fresh and invigorating! Oh yes, it certainly is.

For general cleaner, I couldn't decide on the orange or the lemon scent since the mountain fresh scent is almost gone. I got them both. Right now there is the scent of oranges lingering. I am not sure how I feel about it.

No comments: