Friday, December 30, 2011

I am entitled...Yes, I said the E word!

So, I got a loan and here is what I am having done
Baseboards/crown moulding
New tile in the hall/foyer/kitchen
New cabinets and counter tops, sink etc. in kitchen
New bathrooms...All of them.
New front door
New interior doors

I should have it paid off in 7 years.  When I met with the banker yesterday he said my credit was flawless so I got the lowest rate possible.  Thank you Mom and Nick for teaching me well about spending.  I am so excited.  I let Frank know that the loan was approved (with conditions for right now...they have to check the house out and all that junk).  and he said we'd get together soon to choose the stuff and get the ordering started.  He said in a few weeks we could be starting the actual physical part of it.  I really can't wait to get a new front door with window!  It will let a lot of light in.  I am so glad I am doing this.  I was waiting and saving so that I could pay it all off but then I would never be able to enjoy my house.   After all that has taken place in the last 5.5 years, I am ENTITLED to live a good life, have nice things and be HAPPY and PROUD of the things I've worked for.  

So, that is where I stand today.  I am going to clean the house today and take pics of all the potential changes (the before pics).  It's especially poignant today because today, 5 years ago is when my new chapter in life began...This is the day that Mike left.  Five years of living by myself, taking care of myself and making sure my life was good.  It is.

  

No comments: