Sunday, December 04, 2011

two years ago this week.

I had my hysterectomy.  Life has been so much better not worrying about that diminishing biological clock that was never really strong to begin with.  I don't have the horrible horrible depression and bursts of unexplained anger and anxiety that were making me believe I was crazy.  My friend Jenny said I would miss having my period but then again, she's a breeder so it's symbolism of motherhood was something else for her.  While mine were never bad, I don't miss them.  I love not having to worry about packing protection against a surprise start.  No cramps, no bloating, etc.  It's nothing but bliss not having to worry about it.

Last year at this time I had just broken up with Dave.  We had our last fling Dec. 30th.

Ah, December 30th.  That day, I could look at it as something full of sadness.  Dec. 30th, 2006, mike moved out.  December 30th, 2007, he came to get his stuff and it was the last time I ever saw him.  Dec. 30th, 2010, the last time Dave and I were together before he began dating Jenny (whom I love and I love them both)...my point is, I could look at that date as an ending and sadness but it's not.  It's been about new beginnings.  They weren't happy at first but they became happy.  It's also the date that I have begun my tradition of airing out the house and doing a deep clean.  I like the traditions that I have started within my new life.
September new year, Rosh Hashanah  I take inventory of my goals and work on what I have not finished
December 15th, putting up decorations
December 30th, Taking down the decorations, the airing of the home, out with the old, in with the new.
January 1, the making of goals.
March/April, getting the house ready for Summer.

I look forward to each of them and developing new traditions.

No comments: