Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's time...

It is time for me to start taking my end of the year inventory, you know, since I don't make New Year's resoloutions. September always seems to be a good time to do that. It is like a push to see how much I can accomplish by year's end. What have I accomplished? Well, let's see...

By the end of October, the house improvements will include:
New washer and dryer
New lawn mower
new weed eater
Waterproofing the basement
Getting new gutters

By the end of October I will have been smoke free for a whole year.

By the end of November, I will have been divorced (and still surviving) a whole year.

By the end of December, I will have lived on my own for two years and I am starting to settle in quite nicely.

As of yesterday, I have been at my gym for a whole year and aside from the week that I had kidney stones, and the week that I had strep, I have been at the very least, once a week but most often at least 4 times a week. You'd never know it because instead of losing weight, I gained it. As much as I have been eating, I probably would weigh 250 or more if I hadn't been exercising. Sigh.

What I did not do this year....
I didn't travel. Well, i went to Bloomington Indiana but that is only 150 miles away. I am thinking of taking a drive down to the Caves. I have never been to the western half of my state. I know it isn't like real traveling but who knows, I might get all froggy and cross the border to Missouri. I just might. I need a long weekend for this though. In Oct. I have a long weekend but it is going to be taken up with water proofing. perhaps spring break.

No comments: