Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Random thoughts.

Toddlers remind me of drunks.

What makes leaves change? Is it lack of light or is it the temperature? The leaves seem to be changing now but not for lack of temp.

Why hast thou forsaken me? why did people speak like that and why don't we still? Who uses the word shall anymore. SHALL?? I bet that sounds really funny if you're stoned. Kinda like Penguin. Penguin sounds funny regardless. Ok, so I have this issue with words. I keep meaning to make a list because some are just normal words that aren't all that offensive but for some reason make me want to hurt people. Here is an incomplete list....

Panties
moist (especially with the above)
Nipple
Vagina Everytime I see the name Gina, I think of Vagina too.
Volvo
Vulva
Christmas (don't like the esses or the mus sound)
Sippie
pimple OMG, I realize it must be the ipple thing I don't like
ripple
Chunk
rigor



That is all I can think of now but I will add to it when they come to mind.

In other news. Palin. How about that situation? Teen daughter gets pregnant and is marrying the baby daddy. Not horrible and certainly not stone cast worthy, HOWEVER...Do you wonder about someone who supports and pushes policies for abstinence only even when it fails in her strong family values home? I sure do. They call this a blessing. People are saying how great it is that her daughter is showing "pro-life" values and Palin is such a trooper for carrying her pregnancy to term knowing she would have a baby with down's. Great for them. But they're not any more heroic than the woman who choses differently because she needs to make something of her life to get out of the hell she might be in. And really, aside from abortion, the main issue is PREVENTING pregnancy. Abstinence only programs DO NOT WORK! I know six girls and one boy who have all become parents in the last three years before they graduated from high school. Guess what KY schools teach? Yup. Abstinence only. Our rate of teen pregnancies is higher than the national average. What kind of future do many of these girls have? These weren't girls that were sluts. These werent' kids that were bad. Some of them were promising athletes, artistically gifted, and intelligent kids that had wonderful futures ahead of them. They could have escaped their less than perfect home lifes but now they've trippled the odds of never getting out of there. It angers me.

I am tired and grumpy. It is 9 oclock and I haven't been able to focus all day. Even though I went off on a quasi coherant tangent, I am going to go back to being random.

Open letter to....the person I am thinking of.... Sorry you are having a rough time right now. Don't get pissy with me because I have responsibilities and can't drop them for you. You're making me feel used and that is leading to problems.

To the other you that I am thinking of. Your boyfriend called you a stupid whore. I was honest and told you I could not understand or wrap my brain around that. Today you complained because our friend sorta questioned the sanity of letting him move in with you. You're insulted that we don't like him. Your insulted that she doesn't think you're thinking things through. You're mad that some people aren't expressing happiness for you. Today i told you that it will be a long time before i would be able to look at him the way I did before. You acted shocked and asked why. When I told you he called you a stupid whore you forgot???!!!!! You will get mad at me too. I understand that. I am sorry that I just can't fake enthusiasm for you. Go to your other younger unmarried girlfriends for that kind of drama and pats on the back. When you want reality FOR REAL, then you can talk to me about J again.

Did I mention i was tired and cranky? Good night.

No comments: