Monday, August 08, 2005

Peter Jennings and stuff

So he died last night. I immediately thought of my mother. Not that I wasn't sad for him, but you know, it hits home. I went to see her today. She is in good spirits and still convinced she will be around for a long time.

"did you hear about Peter Jennings?" she asks. Yes I tell her. I can't believe how quickly he went.
"Well, he had the Small Cell cancer" I don't have that. And then we speak of other things such as me being ready for school, the cats, gardening, Belle (her big German Shep) and other fun topics.

I went to my old school today to see if my replacement was there. I wanted to introduce myself and see if she needed any help with organizing, or if she had any questions. She will be in London until the day before school starts. I do want to work closely with her since I will have all her students. I need to make sure she keeps them learned.

Yesterday I went shopping and finally got a pair of pointed shoes. They are Steve Maddens Black denim with a sequened rose on one side and a small kitten heel. TOO cute. I know that the pointed toe is probably going out of style by now, but I always have to be a year behind so that I can afford it. They were only 16.99. I also found a pair of SM slip ons at the thrift store for 3.00! They are brand new. Maybe worn once (they were sprayed with disinfectant and anti fungal spray).

I also hopped on the tunic wagon. I bought three shirts that have the loose angel like sleeves, Empire waist, long assymetrical hem. One is beaded but very low cut so I bought a darling little spaghetti strap tank in green crinkle silk with sequens at the top of it. I felt so pretty. I have decided to dress up more. I am tired of dressing slouchy because I am over weight and waiting to buy "good" clothes in a smaller size. I already have good clothes in smaller sizes, albeit out of style now, or close to it. I will get on the ball though. Lose weight, and stop smoking. I need a whole health overhaul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noonie, I'm still trying to shrink myself some, but I sure feel pretty in my beautiful size 18's. Matt calls me a clotheshorse, but his main goal is to see how fast he can get me out of them. I love pretty colors and silky fabrics and drapey cuts. I know for a certain-for-sure fact that I feel better on days I love what I'm wearing.

0jou2 said...

Me too mel. I just hate spending money on clothes when my size fluctuates so much. It gets harder and harder to get back down though, so I need to start looking my best at the present.