Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Pranks and crayons and smells.

I have an old book from my seniour show in 1996. It has signatures in it from all the friends, family and classmates who attended. I pulled it out because I wanted to put a quote in it from Leonardo Da Vinci and I opened to a page in the middle. There was written K......You SUCK! Big DICKS! Love mom. IT has been a long couple of weeks and that topper was just something not needed. I think I remember seeing the prank before and maybe laughing at it. Today I ripped it out. Today it just wasn't funny.

Should I add that gas was $3.09 today? I shouldn't, because it depresses me so, but it is history in the making.
Things that are good...
Still not smoking
A metal box of Caran D'Ache water soluable crayons, that have barely been used. They smell old, like a mildewy old house with creaky floors. It is one of the quirky smells that I like. It reminds me of the home that I never saw, never lived in.
Things are getting clearer at school. Really, there is very little difference between teaching small children and middle school kids. Except the nose picking.

I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine.

When the Spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art.

~Leonardo Da vinci!

No comments: