Saturday, September 03, 2005

Of angels and peaches...

I went to the store today to stock up on food since we are down to the barest condiments. Once again I failed to remember to check out other people's carts, but it was so damn crowded that I didn't have the time between dodging carts and displays. WHY oh WHY did they have a gargantuous banana display blocking half an aisle? It wasn't even in the produce department. It was in the potted meat aisle or something ridiculous. I can even see it being in the cereal aisle, but COME ON! Anyway, it is amazing how much better you feel when your house is full of food. They were having great sales on things like frozen veggies, frozen dinners, yogurt, and ribeyes were only 4.99! So I stocked up on some things and food savered them for the freezer. OVer all I spent about 131.00, but I had a TON of stuff.

Peaches. I have bought peaches at Krogers but they are always california peaches. Cali Peaches SUCK. So I have wound up tossing them up our hill into the green space for the wild animals to enjoy. I went to mom's house today and picked up some of the peaches that they have grown. THAT is what a peach should be. They aren't even fully ripe yet, and are still better than the CAli peaches.

Mom and I got to talking about angels. She thinks she saw one. She actually had her in her car and gave her a lift to her home area. Mom explained that she was distorted and using metal crutches to walk. Her legs were very short and deformed and her body was normal like ours, kind of a dwarf. She said she had only a couple of teeth on the top and bottom of her mouth, but she left mom with a peaceful good feeling. I know what she means. I have two people that I believe are angels that I see in some of the oddest places. One is an old lady with black hair in a cleopatra bob style. She is always wearing bright clothes, especially blues, and ALWAYS wearing a blue baret. The other is a man in his 40s or fifties. He also wears bright colours. I never thought of it, but maybe the bright colours are symbolic of the arts. Anyway, nothing miraculous ever happens when I see them or anything, it is just that I am left with a euphoric and peaceful feeling. It is weird in a way that I can't explain. I have only seen the man about 3 times, but I haven't seen him in a long time. The woman I have seen about 5 times, the last time about a year ago.

Even if I don't see them again, it is at least nice to be reminded of them.

1 comment:

boo said...

I do love that feeling... having the house full of food... makes you feel safe and secure... (well till later that day... once i've have eaten most of it!! ho ho... )

There are people like that... angels.. who walk around... making us feel happy... there is a lady who sits out drawing pictures... and playing the comb... she always makes me feel like that...