Friday, September 23, 2005

OY!

I know that I shouldn't do this, because it can always get worse, BUT, I am ready for this quarter to be over with. My fourth hour and seventh hour are a bunch of loons. One kid has not turned in any work. Detentions don't work, ISS doesn't work, NOTHING works. He just sits there. Lump. Fourth hour noone listens to me when I am giving instructions. They all are goofing off, and then they are trying to tear me in all directions for help when they start working. So I have resorted to sending out mass letters of bad behaviour reports, and detentions. Funny. They started paying attention. Fifth hour is fairly decent, when one child is not there, but when that poor soul shows up, the tension in the room is thick. Everyone is waiting for his outburst, and it is stressful as hell. Many kids in that class are Sped. and needy, They can wait for help or help each other though, while this other kid just brings in heavy negativity. He can't help it though. He came in today after being "gone" for a few days, and gave me a big hug. He has his own special seat that he is very happy with. He did very well today. I really feel sorry for him, but he is beyond my capabilities to help him. He needs one on one.

ON the bright side though, I am becoming Mrs. organization. I am ahead of the game and doing well. I am at the point where I love my job again, and look forward to going to work. I may have mentioned that already, but it is still going strong.

No comments: