Sunday, September 11, 2005

One month...

Actually over a month since I have stopped smoking.

School is getting better, though I desperately need some serious down time.

I have a cold. I hate having colds.

The Hummingbirds seemed to have followed Mik when he went out of town on Tuesday. He came back, but they haven't. I will miss our little psycho bird. The one that kept comming up to the window everytime we opened it or tapped on the glass. The one that would swoop past us and chase all the other birds away.
The trees are tired. The green has given way to that grey green colour. You can tell change is coming.
The days are shorter. I am not sure why, but now I am actually looking forward to fall and winter. I guess because I am finally in some kind of structured routine. This summer was not really a great summer. I was too unstructured, spent too much time on line, and really can't remember anything productive that I did other than painting the kitchen, which looks fabu!

Four years since 911. It seems distant. Though I will never forget where I was when it happened, I am glad that the rawness of it has gone away. Maybe because Katrina has taken its place right now. I don't know.

No comments: