Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sigh...

I have strep. I have had a sore throat since last Tuesday night. It had seemed to get better and I had the school nurse look at it yesterday and she seemed unconcerned. I began to run a slight fever again yesterday and it felt like I swallowed a cactus. So, I went to the urgent care clinic and was officially diagnosed with my first case of strep ever. Luckily it is mild and i only need a light antibiotic. I have been in and out of feverishness throughout the day. We also had a snow day so that was a lucky break even though I am so finished with the snow, feeling bad, etc.

To top it all off, the guy that I had talked to on the phone Friday, informed me that he thinks he met his match on Saturday and he was interested in persuing this. I don't know if I had written about him or not, but he winked at me in early dec. on match. I wasn't sure if I was interested so I ignored. Come around January I had been on a couple of dates so I emailed him a Happy new Year email. Nothing really came of it. In Early Feb or Late jan. I emailed him again and asked how the dating thing was going for him.. We joked about how we'd both had many first dates but nothing seemed to be sticking. We tried to set a few things up but he got sick or the timing was off. So he called Friday and was very easy to talk to. Of course I was ill then so no plans could be made to do anything and I knew he had this date on Sat. anyway.

I don't know why, but I cried when I got his email of rejection. He is only recently separated/divorced, as in less than a year, and seems very eager to get into a relationship,. That should send warning signs. Oh, and this is going to be really really shallow, but he had a "bird clock" hanging on his wall, and a few kind of cutesie knick knacks around. Kind of that Walmart country decor.

Yes, I want someone. I want to have that sense of belonging again and feel romantic and loved, and secure. But am I thinking of settling? Are my expectations too high?

Now, david...The semi long distance contact...I wonder if there is anything there besides the physical. Hell, I haven't even seen him in person yet but physically, sexually, it is ON! There is hardly any conversation on the phone though. I am thinking he might just be in it for the sex. Completely not what I want.

another lonely and depressing day.

No comments: