Monday, September 03, 2007

Another long dry weekend...

Today was 90 something degrees and will be for the next few days making this the hottest year on record. Did I mention that already? did I mention how badly I would like to see rain and how sad and pathetic my dead yard looks? This weekend was a lonely one. I did not see SO because he was not feeling well and was bogged down with work. I am feeling a little insecure but resisted emotional dialing of anyone except for Julie. Really I only called her because I was concerned that I hadn't heard from her in a while and I know she has a really old and ill cat. I was afraid the cat had passed but Julie says she is doing fine. We're supposed to get together at the Pub tomorrow for some trivia. I am looking forward to the time I spend with her. A good female friend comes around so rarely.

Roxanne and Katie stopped by. Katie is going off to school on the 16th. I can't believe she is that old. I still remember her as a little preemie and then as a tiny independent and sensitive toddler who was wise beyond her years. She is a beautiful girl. Both she and her sister are works of art in and of themselves and no, I am not biased. They simply are. I consider them two of the most beautiful young women I have ever seen, topping Sade, Halle Barry, and Selma Hyak.

That is about it. It is late and I have to be ready for school tomorrow. At least I went and prepared a little today. I love having a key and access to the building anytime I want. It makes for a much less stressful work schedule.

No comments: