Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Thankfulness...and knee sock tradition

Today i am thankful for
A wonderful new boss and a great job
A home to live in and personal financial stability.
Wine...Cabernet
Good friends
Nice clothes (shuddup, I am allowed a shallow moment)
Art, creating and looking at beautiful works
solitude (for now it is nice)
feeling better and stronger

Knee socks (and it is part of my thankfulness). Yesterday I went to Target looking for a skirt. Couldn't find what I had in mind BUT I found beautiful knee socks in argyle patterns, angora, over the knee styles AND legwarmers. Right before Xmess when things were going sour with talks of moving out, I went to my sister's house for brunch. Afterwards, my other sister Rox and I decided to hang out and go window shopping for furniture and she wanted to run to TJ MAx for something. The winter was not hugely cold, but colder for me than usual (stress maybe?) especially my feet and legs. I was elated to find some knee socks and spent about 50 bucks on all kinds of warm and fuzzy socks (yeah, I know, silly). Strange how incredibly comforting the socks were throughout the winter. People have comfort foods...I have comfort socks. About the leg warmers for anyone who is reading...don't worry, they will not be shown. I figure some leg warmers will be better looking under my pants than a pair of thermals, paired with a sweat pant and looking like the michelin man. I couldn't quite come to grips with buying these things in 96 degree weather, but they will be mine. Oh yes, they will. All the fuzzy bright warm knee socks lined carefully in my drawer.

No comments: