Saturday, September 01, 2007

Art books and sheets...

Yesterday I went to the book store and finally bought a book that I had been eyeing since before christmas called Fashion Illustration next. Lovely eye candy that combines beautiful art and models with fashion (duh) Most is photoshop stuff but it is also painting, collage, and drawing. It made me happy to finally have it.

I also bought a couple of other books that were bargain little art books. One is on surrealism and the other is fairies and angels in art. I love the Fairies and angels one because of the painting style....The rich flesh tones and the beauty of the female form of the pre-rafaelites and symbolists. YUM! YUM! YUM! The visual stimulation sparks my own wants to create art. I am thinking of painting my doors in the house. Why not? They're those hideous core doors and I am going to be living here for a long time so why even think about resale value right now? Besides, paint is the easiest thing to fix.

I have a hole in my comforter and my flannel sheets are incredibly thread bare and ugly with their faded rose colour and patched holes. Still, they're comfortable like an old flannel shirt should be. I think for my next pay check I am going to splurge on some sheets and a new, more contemporary bed spread/coverlet. I almost bought a striped one that has red on the back so it is reversable, but SO has one just like it (only yellow on the back). I didn't want him to think I was copying him. We have really similar tastes though. still, I really am not crazy about stripes. If I could find something all cotton in a diamond or square pattern I would be happy. I did see a beautiful satin cover but it was...SATIN and not cotton. It had a really nice concentric square design.

I will find something I like. If not, I can hold out a little longer.

No comments: