Wednesday, October 03, 2007

settling in...

Things have been quiet here. The new romance that budded back in March and the rocky road through the summer has evaporated into nothingness. There were no good byes, no fights, just nothing and I am just fine with that. I went for a walk the other evening at sunset. The warm vermillion glow that was cast by the angle of the sun was memorable, beautiful, and calming. I have forgotten what that peaceful feeling had felt like and it seems years since I have been able to appreciate that which often goes over looked. I remember being struck by some of life's most everyday ordinary events and finding awe in them.. I am finding that again and so glad.

I am becoming my own person again. The person I used to love to hang out with and feel comfortable with. The person who knew how to make her mark and live to her fullest. I need to get to know her again and see what exciting things she has planned. I respected and envied her and I think she has gotten much stronger since I last saw her.

No comments: