Friday, June 27, 2008

colours...

I may as well face it. I am attracted to bright green. So I bought a few samples of paint and I am having a hell of a time finding the right green. I want a pretty lime green but that can be so garish. The greens i picked out are too yellow though. Perhaps I don't really want green at all. Well, not as a solid. I know that faux painting is so 80s and early 90s, but I can't help it. I like the transparancy of the colours showing through each other. It is a lot of work to do the colour washing and glazing. I am looking at a painting that has yellow greens and blue greens mixed together. There are accents of purple and oranges and lots of swirling floral patterns. Perhaps one wall will have to be artistically tackled the same as my painting style.

Today I bought an MP3 player. Oh I am such a goober when it comes to technology. I didn't realize that I could play my CDs on my computer and transfer them onto the MP3 player. Yeah, I don't know why I didn't realize that. It truely is not rocket science, I know, but give an old gal a break. I figured out how to do this all on my own. Sure it was freaking easy, but I thought it was going to be some kind of huge magical mystery. I am proud of myself regardless. Baby stpes. Baby steps. Anyhoo, I am all downloading my favourite CDs so that I have music to walk to and music to work out to. The only problem is I know I am going to break out in a salsa esque, bustin' a funk move out on the sidewalk of the main thoroughfair. Either that, or I will start belting out some Joni Mitchell. Do you realize how bad that will sound? Noone can hear themselves sing with those things on and they ALWAYS sing out of tune, no matter how well they usually sing (to which I do not).

No comments: