Wednesday, July 02, 2008

How many will it take?

I really just need to hang it up. what was I thinking last night? Something about it is better to be alone. Or at least that it far outweighs being involved with someone. What do you have to gain by being in a relationship?

Constant worry about disappointing someone
the pain of breakups
the disappointment of first dates
fighting
inequity in compromise

Oh foo foo on anyone reading this and saying that I am bitter or jaded, or sour graping etc. You're just up on a high time in your relationship.. I will never forget this chick who got really offended at Frank's 30th birthday party. I can't remember what i said but it was something to the effect of relationships aren't based on romance but lots of hard work or something like that. She was really mad and said that isn't true and stomed off. I wasn't even talking to her but she over heard my conversation (this was when i was happily married mind you). Anyway, she was marrying this boyfriend of hers that was there. They were all cuddly and fluffy with each other (gag). FFWD about 2-3 years and they were in the midst of a horribly bitter and nasty divorce. She looked like hell.

I never thought I would get divorced, but it was always in the back of my mind as a reality. I mean I guess I thought it would happen, but I wanted desperately to believe that we would beat the odds. I thought there might come a day but I didn't see it coming at all. No one goes into marriage thinking they will get divorced, but all should plan for it. If there ever is a next time, a pre-nup will most definitely be in order and they will never be able to get a hold of my savings.

No comments: