Friday, August 17, 2007

A good day and I don't care...

Same old stuff regarding mike. He still has shit he has to pick up and made no call to me yesterday. Probably won't call tonight either, but at this point I am begining not to care. I do have several large garbage cans, much more than one person needs.

Today was a useless day regarding work. More happy happy joy joy stuff that wasted our time when it could have been used to work in our rooms. I have 47 8th graders in one class and 40 in another. It won't stay that way, but I am looking at my roster and thinking OMG, I am going to DIE! Not really. I know things will get worked out and I will do the best with what I have got, but it is going to be an interesting year. I am excited to have the 8th grade the WHOLE year this year instead of only 9 weeks. We'll be able to do some more in depth things, but on the flip side, a lot of my gifted kids aren't in my class.

I am mentally getting really geared up for a good year. I am ready for routine and stability in a chaotic package that is teaching.

So Why was it a good day? I don't know, it just was. Maybe because I had a great night with SO last night. Maybe because I am getting back to that point where I can have feelings for someone else again. Maybe it is because I have special friends and coworkers that I enjoy more and appreciate more. Life is good. Life is beautiful.

No comments: