Saturday, August 25, 2007

Talk about the weather....

Today was the first day in a long time that the temperature was below 95 (we were at a cool 90 and dry). My grass is crunchy and brown, the leaves of the trees are falling as if it were autumn and my yard is just an absolute wreck. The drought and destruction it has left this summer is a bit symbolic don't you think? Now I worry about the flooding we'll probably have once it does rain. all that water will go straight to the basement I am betting.

The hummingbirds are active and agressive again in their funny little way. The dominant one chases off all the others and if I am sitting too close he hovers around me making a big fuss. As if that is going to solve anything. They are fun to watch.

The weekends are hard. My mind wanders too much. Today i did a few productive things though. I cleaned the garage a little and sprayed some weeds. I need to cut the grass but I am going to wait until next week after we hopefully get some rain.

No comments: